Commercial Auto Product Specialist – Allstar Underwriters, Inc.
Full time, exempt position
College degree required
Minimal travel required
Reports To: Division President
Allstar Underwriters, Inc (AUI), a subsidiary of Allstar Financial Group is looking for a Product Specialist- Commercial Auto. The primary responsibilities associated with this position include day to day oversight of the division’s North Carolina commercial auto program.
- Work with AUI commercial auto underwriters to understand system needs and requirements for commercial auto product. Work with AUI commercial auto underwriters to ensure that the product and system needs of the agency force are being met.
- Work with IT staff to develop and implement system enhancements to increase processing efficiency for underwriting and servicing of the commercial auto product. Manage processing system projects for commercial auto including original submission specification development, and creation/management of project testing, and ultimate project implementation.
- Work with IT staff to implement physical damage rating and policy issuance functionality for the commercial auto product.
- Work with IT staff to implement motor truck cargo rating and policy issuance functionality for the commercial auto product.
- Develop and implement underwriting audit processes to ensure adherence to insurance carrier and North Carolina reinsurance facility underwriting guidelines/requirements, and to ensure adherence to promulgated rates.
- Review monthly insurance carrier and reinsurance facility reports for accuracy, and complete necessary submissions in a timely manner.
- Create reports and other management tools for use in management of the commercial auto product, including production and quoting reports, mix of business reports and loss reports.
- Monitor and communicate competitive information to management.
- Work with advertising/marketing department and commercial auto underwriters to develop/create marketing materials necessary for marketing commercial auto product offerings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial auto underwriting or product management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Must be PC literate with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and some experience/exposure to SQL Server or similar database tools would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills are necessary.
If interested, please submit your resume directly to Kara Gullo at Allstar Financial Group - firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Wednesday, Aug 30, 2017