Senior Surety Underwriter – Allstar Financial Group - All Surety Offices
ALLSTAR FINANCIAL GROUP
With a network of 21 offices and over 15 companies throughout the nation, Allstar Financial Group provides commercial & personal lines insurance solutions to a diverse group of clients. Our company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, exceptional financial strength, and underwriting excellence. Allstar Financial Group maintains its own underwriting, claim handling, legal and audit staff to assist clients and implement internal best practices.
Allstar Financial Group has over 200 employees writing surety, commercial, and personal lines insurance business throughout the United States. The Allstar corporate headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: SENIOR SURETY UNDERWRITER
As a Senior Surety Underwriter, you'll be the primary relationship manager for surety business within your territory, focused on marketing, managing and underwriting a new and renewal surety book of business through contact with select agencies and brokers.
You'll drive profit and premium to meet financial goals and objectives through development, negotiation and execution of business plans. This includes leading and influencing agencies through the creation of sales strategies and implementation of sales processes and practices that drive new sales, profit and customer retention. You will underwrite accounts based on authority level granted to the role and applicable underwriting guidelines.
Additionally, you'll be collaborating with all lines of business to support and increase the overall AFG presence in your territory, provide the quality service AFG is known for and promote a positive company image.
With a company focus on long-term growth, an important responsibility of this position will be identifying areas of opportunity and cultivating new and renewal contract surety business. For the right candidate, this position has the potential to develop into a Lead Senior Underwriter or Branch Manager Position.
- Must demonstrate the strong analytical skills needed to evaluate new submissions for acceptability within company underwriting parameters.
- Experienced in new market development; ability to prospect, appoint and manage producer relationships to achieve production and profitability objectives.
- Solid following of existing broker and agency relationships within the assigned geographic region.
- Independently exhibit initiative with strong focus on results.
- Proficient in: risk evaluation, contract knowledge, common sense judgment, and the ability to see the big picture.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), influencing, negotiating, listening, and interpersonal skills to effectively develop/maintain productive internal and external relationships.
- Efficiently underwrite new surety submissions. Gather information regarding financial status, credit standing, and organization profit to analyze and determine acceptability of the risk.
- Develop a profitable book of surety business of varying degrees of complexity for assigned territory, taking into consideration the strengths and weaknesses of the producer plant /territory and competitors, divisional objectives and overall market conditions.
- Make prompt, sound decisions within underwriting authority based on appropriate underwriting information consultation.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/ information in account management systems and adherence to documentation standards.
- Negotiate terms and conditions consistent with market segment requirements and standards within submission timeframe.
- Attend selected industry events that provide interactions with producers and/or potential accounts.
- Responsibility for building and maintaining effective business relationships with internal and external customers/coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Minimum five years' experience in contract surety underwriting.
- Four-year college degree is required; majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management or Economics are preferred.
For consideration, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Friday, Jun 22, 2017