Underwriting Assistant – Hawkins & Rawlinson - Columbia Office
Hawkins & Rawlinson a division of Allstar Financial Group has provided logging contractors and the forest products industry exactly the kind of affordable insurance coverages they need since 1999.
Hawkins & Rawlinson’s success stems from its ability to provide clients with:
- secure and strong insurance carriers;
- prompt claims payments;
- assistance with safety training and education;
- and above all, quick and responsive sales and customer service.
Hawkins & Rawlinson is known for its many unique insurance programs as well as it's ability to meet the ever-changing needs of their clients. Hawkins & Rawlinson is currently servicing AL, GA, MS, SC, TN & LA.
We are currently seeking an Underwriting Assistant to join our awesome team in Columbia, SC.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Meet deadlines and service level guidelines
- Review underwriting information for completeness and accuracy
- Work independently, able to make sound business decisions
- Communicate effectively with underwriting team and brokers
- Assist underwriter in binder process including reviewing of updated applications, supplements, losses and other requested underwriting subjectivities and advising underwriter of any discrepancies.
- Works with premium accounting to resolve premium and data discrepancies
- Issue policy based on instructions provided by Underwriters. Review forms & endorsements for accuracy and attach any state amendatory endorsements.
- Analyze policy issuance instructions from Underwriters.
- Fill in forms with required information. Refer any discrepancies to Underwriters.
- College degree and or 2-4 years of work experience (preferably in Insurance)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be organized and a self-starter
For consideration, please forward your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Thursday, Apr 19, 2018